Dear Marie,
As I was trying to find some good music on YouTube, I came across an old song, one of my favorites by Radiohead. It's called "Fake Plastic Trees".
The song, like not so many other ones that I really love, makes me think of a life I have always dreamt of since I was a kid, a world with an eternal pastel sunset, a soft breeze and an utter feeling of serenity.
Sometimes I'd wish that somewhere in an unknown afterlife, there would be a heaven where you get to ask for anything you want, and I'd get to ask to live in that world.
I also get that feeling when riding a bus late in the afternoon, or at home while lying down after a long tiring day. I'd forget about whatever trouble that's been going on my mind and just ponder on the details of such place, without even imagining myself in it.
Maybe all these places that I always imagine only exist in my mind, and I will only get to ask for them in a beautiful afterlife, but that doesn't matter, because the mere thought is enough to keep me optimistic about so much in life.
My dear Marie, maybe someday we'll run into places and moments in life together, moments that, to some people, might seem like hard times and misfortunes, moments where we don't need anything but our love and our way of enjoying things to make unforgettable memories.
I like to believe that a lot, and I hope you do as well.
Til then,
Your best friend,
Pierre.
P.S.: Some songs to listen to: Home - Resonance / Porter Robinson - Goodbye to a World
[Picture Credit: K. Mendes]

No comments:
Post a Comment